August 8, 2020

Osimhen’s deal not concluded yet, says Napoli director

Napoli director Cristiano Giuntoli insists there is no agreement yet for Victor Osimhen but admits the club is interested in the Lille striker.

Several reports claim Napoli are on the verge of completing the signing of the Nigerian striker on a five-year contract with an option of a year from the Ligue 1 club for €60m, which could rise to €81m after a number of performance-related add-ons.

But Giuntoli says there is more work to be done before the Nigeria international can be confirmed a Napoli player.

“We need to reach an agreement with the new agent. he (Osimhen) is a lad we are interested in and we’ll see but negotiations are not as far forward as everyone thinks,” Giuntoli told DAZN.

The 21-year-old scored 18 goals in 32 games for Lille last season.

Should the deal be completed, it will be the most expensive signing in the history of the club and the highest transfer deal of the summer so far.

Napoli are seventh in Serie A and will take on Inter and Lazio in their last matches of the season before they turn their attention to their Champions League tie against Barcelona.

Meanwhile, Osimhen is currently holidaying in Paris along with his close friend and Super Eagles teammate Samuel Chukwueze.

He and Chukwueze won the FIFA U-17 World Cup in Chile five years ago and both players have since become the cynosure of all eyes in Europe.

Credit to punch